There was a time, not all that long ago, that in order to own a powerful smartphone you would either need to commit to a two-year contract, or you would be expected to pay as much as 150,000 – 200,000 Naira.
Thankfully this has changed considerably in the last few years. There are now several manufacturers that offer handsets that bring quality specs and yet are priced low enough you don’t need to break a bank or take a loan to be able to afford them.
In this post, we take a look at some of the best cheap smartphones you can get in the market today for as low as 25,000 to 50,000 Naira only.
1. Tecno Camon C7 – 40,000 Naira
Think of the TECNO Camon C7 as a lite version of the Camon C9. There is no 4G, the display drops to 5 inches, the processor is clocked at the same 1.3 GHz but cut down to a quad-core unit, and battery capacity to 2,500 mAh. The body is plastic too and the price is friendlier to the pocket as well.
- Screen: 5.0″ HD IPS
- Memory: 2GB RAM; 16GB ROM; 128GB micro SD
- Processor: 1.3GHz Quad Core
- Operating System: HiOS (Based on Android 6.0)
- Camera: 13MP Back, 13MP Front
- Battery: 2500mAh
2. Gionee PW8 – 35,000 Naira
The new Gionee P8w is a midrange budget smartphone silently launched this 2017 by the Chinese OEM. The P8w features a 5-inch IPS display at a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels and Pixels Per Inch of 267 PPI.
The handset supports 4G LTE network connectivity but there is no word on the supported LTE bands yet. If you are looking for an affordable smartphone, then this is your best call.
- Display: 5.0-inch HD IPS (720 x 1280)
- Processor: MediaTek MT6735M Quad-core 1.3 GHz
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 16GB ROM, 128GB SD card Slot
- Operating System: Amigo 3.5 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Camera: (Main) 8MP Dual; (Front) 5MP
- Battery: 2300 mAh Li-Po
3. Infinix HOT 4 X557 – 46,000 Naira
Infinix Hot 4 X557 is a direct successor of the Infinix Hot 3. The phablet still offers a 5.5-inch display, but with an upgrade to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and the introduction of a fingerprint sensor. Infinix Hot 4 also boasts of 33% more battery capacity and offers improvements in the camera.
- Screen: 5.5″ HD Display
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM,
- CPU: MT6580 Quad Core Cortex; 1.3GHz
- Operating System: XOS (Based on Android Marshmallow)
- Camera: 8MP Back, 5MP Front
- Battery: 4,000mAh
4. Innjoo Halo Plus – 29,000 Naira
Innjoo Halo Plus is an upgrade of the budget-friendly Halo smartphone that was released last year. The phone boasts a more attractive design, bigger display, more powerful battery and improved software.
- Screen: 5.5 Inch Display
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM, expandable to 32GB with MicroSD Card
- CPU: 1.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Operating System: Android Lollipop 5
- Camera: 5.0MP Camera,
- Battery: 3600mAh
5. Lenovo Vibe C A2020 – 37,000 Naira
Lenovo Vibe C smartphone comes with a 5.00-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels. The Lenovo Vibe C is powered by quad-core it comes with 1GB of RAM. The phone packs 8GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Lenovo Vibe C packs a 5-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 2-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
- Screen: 5.0 FwVGA (864×480) TFT-TN
- Memory: 1GB RAM, 16GB Memory (up to 32GB microSD)
- Processor: 1.1GHz Quad-Core Processor
- Operating System: AndroidÂ® 5.1 Lollipop
- Camera: Rear-5MP Fixed Focus, Front- 2MP Fixed