Samsung is bringing its new Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 tablet to the market five months after it was announced back in May. The tablet, which will retail for $349, will ship with an S Pen and 3GB of RAM.
The Galaxy Tab A 10.1-inch fits nicely into Samsung’s lineup – just under the higher-priced and higher-specked Galaxy Tab S2 and Windows-based Galaxy TabPro S. It brings increased features and value to its Tab A line.
The Galaxy Tab A 10.1-inch comes in two colors: black and white. It has a 7,300mAh battery which according to Samsung allows the Tab A 10.1-inch to get 13 hours of video playback. Of course, until we get our hands on one to test, we won’t know for sure.
The Galaxy Tab A 10.1-inch with S Pen will be available in the US for $350 starting October 28. It will be interesting to see how the public will react to this and future products after Samsung’s terrible, horrible, no good, very bad summer and fall.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) Specifications Highlights
- Dimensions: 254.2 x 155.3 x 8.2 mm (10.01 x 6.11 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 525 g (1.16 lb)
- SIM: Micro-SIM
- Display type: PLS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 10.1 inches (~74.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1200 x 1920 pixels (~224 ppi pixel density)
- OS: Android OS, v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Chipset: Exynos 7870
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-T830 MP2
- Card slot: microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Internal: 16 GB, 2 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3 GB RAM (S-Pen version)
- Primary Camera: 8 MP, f/1.9, autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary Camera: 2 MP, f/2.2, 1080p video
- 4G LTE: Yes
- Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 7300 mAh battery